Important: Private projects are available for users with commercial subscription plans only
Private project is a project that is hidden from anyone but a specific user group(s) or individual users.
In brief, to make a project private you should execute the following steps:
- Restrict access to the project for anonymous users (guest account).
- Ensure that 'All users' group does not have permissions to view the project.
- Ensure that any of the auto joined user groups do not have access to the project as well.
- Check that other groups, except the group that should view the project, do not have access to the project.
- Grant permissions to access the target project to the desired user group and/or individual user(s).
This is the outline of the procedure. Now, let's view each step in details.
To restrict access for anonymous users, you can do either of the following:
To restrict access to the project for the "All users" group:
- Open Administration > Groups > All users page
- Open "Roles" tab
- For each assigned role in the table, click the Unassign link.
When done, check the Permissions tab, it should be empty.
For each auto-joined group, repeat the procedure described for the "All users" group.
For each other group (except the group that should view the project), check the Administration > Groups > <group name> > Access tab, to ensure that it doesn't have access to the target project.
For more details about managing user groups, please refer to the Manage Group Access page.