If your organization uses a proxy server to protect the clients in your internal network, you may experience problems when YouTrack tries to connect with other applications and services through the proxy.
You are unable to connect YouTrack to an external service. For example:
- You try to set up a VCS integration and get a bad_request error.
- You try to set up an authentication module and get the exception: Authentication failed. java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused.
- The external service is unavailable.
- The connection to the external service is blocked by the proxy server.
- The connection is blocked by a firewall.
- You are trying to connect to the wrong port number.
- Verify that the external service is running.
- Open the ports in the firewall that are used by YouTrack and the connected service.
- Set the system properties for your server that let YouTrack connect to other services through the proxy server. Use these properties to specify the hostname and port number of your proxy server.
To learn more about these system properties, read the Java SE documentation.
To learn how to set these properties in YouTrack, read the YouTrack documentation.