If you use the TestLink test management system for quality assurance, you can integrate this system and use YouTrack to track bugs.
To integrate YouTrack with TestLink:
- Log in to your TestLink instance with an administrator account.
- Open the System > Issue Tracker Management page and click the Create button.
- In the Create configuration dialog, enter a name for the configuration and select youtrack (interface: rest) from the Type drop-down list.
- In the Configuration field, provide the following information:
- Enter the credentials for the account that is used for logging in to YouTrack. To link existing issues from YouTrack to TestLink cases, this user must have Read Issue permission in the YouTrack project. To create new issues directly from TestLink, this user must have Create Issue permission in the YouTrack project, and the project ID must be stored in the configuration.
- Enter the baseURL of your YouTrack instance. Do not add a trailing slash to the URL.
- Optionally, you can specify the ID of a project to which issues created in TestLink are added. If you do not specify a project ID, you can only link existing issues to TestLink cases.
- When done, click Save.
- Open the Test Project Management section.
- Select your TestLink project and edit it.
- Enable the issue tracker integration.
- Select the YouTrack integration as the issue tracker for your project.
- Save the settings in your project.
Use the following template to configure the integration. You can also click the Show configuration example link next to the Type drop-down list to show a similar template in the configuration dialog.
<!-- Template youtrackrestInterface -->
<username>YOUTRACK LOGIN NAME</username>
<!-- IMPORTANT NOTICE -->
<!-- uribase CAN NOT END with slash symbol -->
<uribase>the baseURL of your YouTrack instance</uribase>
<!-- Configure project if you want to Add issues from TestLink -->
<project>YOUTRACK PROJECT ID</project>
Please remember that TestLink is an open-source application and its developers can change the template at any time. To ensure that the integration works as expected, check your local configuration with the example shown here.
There was a known issue with the sample configuration that was provided by Test Link. The sample used invalid closing tags for comments. If you encounter a problem, check the closing tags for slashes. You can also safely delete all of the comments from the sample.
Using the Integration
When the integration is successfully configured, log in to TestLink and execute a test case. When the test case is executed, the Bug management option is enabled.
Click the icon to access the Add bug report dialog:
You can enter the ID for an existing issue or click the link to access YouTrack in a new window.
- If you are not logged in, you are redirected to the Dashboard. Log in with your credentials to create an issue.
- If you are already logged in to YouTrack, you are redirected to the New Issue page.
After you create the issue, enter the issue ID in TestLink and enter the issue ID and click the Add bug button.
Click the Close button to return to the test execution window. The link to the YouTrack issue is shown in the Relevant bugs section.
The link shows the ID, status, and issue summary. Click the link to open the issue in YouTrack.
Latest Verified Version
The integration between YouTrack and the PractiTest QA & test management system is provided and supported by the TestLink Development Team. The setup and functionality described here were verified by a Support Engineer from the YouTrack team in the following software environment:
- Debian OS version 9u2
- YouTrack version 2019.1.52973
- TestLink version 1.9.19
If you experience problems with this integration when using the latest version of either YouTrack or PractiTest, please report them here.
At the same time, if you are able to set up this integration successfully with later versions of either app on this or any other operating system, we'd love to hear about it. Feel free to describe any challenges you encountered in the comments below.