The Clockify browser extension lets you track the time you spend on YouTrack issues. You can then edit and manage time entries in the Clockify web app, mobile app, desktop app, or browser extension. All your time tracking data is synced in real time so you can seamlessly switch between devices.
A default integration with Clockify is configured for YouTrack InCloud instances that are hosted from the myjetbrains.com domain. If you're working with a YouTrack Standalone installation or a YouTrack InCloud instance that is hosted on the youtrack.cloud domain, you can set up the integration using a custom domain.
Setting up the integration requires very little effort.
- First, install the Clockify Time Tracker extension for your web browser. Clockify supports browser extensions for Chrome, Firefox, and Edge.
- Open the extension settings and make sure that it has been granted access to your YouTrack site. Depending on which browser you use, this step may not be required.
- If you're working with a YouTrack site that is not hosted from the myjetbrains.com domain, open the Extension options and add your site URL in the Custom domains section of the page. Select the Myjetbrains option from the list, then click Add.
Once you have enabled the integration, a button that lets you start and stop a timer in Clockify is added next to the summary in each YouTrack issue.
Using the Clockify Extension
The Clockify extension lets you track the amount of time spent working on issues in YouTrack. You don't even have to be logged in to your Clockify account to track your time.
To start tracking time, click the Start timer button in a YouTrack issue.
To stop the timer, click the Stop timer button. You can also stop the timer directly from the browser extension or in the web, desktop, or mobile client.
If you switch to a different issue and start the timer there, the timer for the previous issue stops.
When you stop the timer, the time entry is saved to the Time Tracker section in Clockify.
Here are some additional tips for using the integration:
- The projects in YouTrack are not synced with projects in Clockify. This means that you can assign time entries to any project in Clockify independent from their project assignments in YouTrack.
- Clockify does not sync with the time tracking feature in YouTrack.
Latest Verified Version
The integration between YouTrack and the Clockify time tracking system is provided and supported by COING Inc. The setup and functionality that are described here were verified by a member of the YouTrack team in the following software environment:
- YouTrack InCloud version 2022.1.43911
- YouTrack Standalone version 2022.1.43479
- Clockify Time Tracker for Chrome, version 2.0.0
- Google Chrome version 99.0.4844.83
- Clockify Time Tracker for Firefox, version 2.0.1
- Mozilla Firefox version 98.0.2
If you experience problems with this integration when using the latest version of either YouTrack InCloud or Clockify, please report them here.
At the same time, if you are able to set up this integration successfully with later versions of either app, we'd love to hear about it. Feel free to describe any challenges you encountered in the comments below.