Testmo is a next-gen test management tool that unifies test cases, test automation, and exploratory testing in one platform. An integration between Testmo and YouTrack lets you link your testing efforts to YouTrack issues, integrate manual test cases, exploratory testing, and test automation.
On the YouTrack side, the only thing you need to do is create a project for tracking test results and configure the fields in the project to store relevant values. Everything else is set up directly in Testmo.
For detailed setup instructions, please refer to the Testmo documentation.
Working with the YouTrack Integration
The integration lets you add links to YouTrack issues while testing and designing test cases. You can also access linked issues from tests, cases, test runs, milestones, and other pages.
To add links to YouTrack issues:
- Open any page that supports issue links in Testmo (for example, cases, test results, runs, or milestones) and click the Add link next to the Issues field.
- In the Add new or existing issues dialog:
Click the Add button to save the issue links.
- Select YouTrack as the issue tracker.
- To add links to existing issues, enter their IDs in the Issue IDs field.
- To link to a new issue, click the + New issues link to access YouTrack. Once you have created the new issue in YouTrack, you can close the window and enter the ID for the new issue in Testmo.
After adding links to YouTrack issues by adding the IDs for new or existing issues, you can navigate directly to the issue to review the details or update the status.
Testmo supports issue links in various places, including milestones, cases, runs, test results, sessions, session results, and automation comments. Linked issues are also listed on the Issue report pages for milestones, runs and automation.
Latest Verified Version
The integration between YouTrack and Testmo is provided and supported by Testmo GmbH. The integration has been verified by a Sales Engineer on the YouTrack team using a trial account in the Testmo beta. The integration should be compatible with any YouTrack version, whether Standalone or InCloud.
If you experience problems with this integration when using the latest version of either YouTrack or Testmo, please report them here.