Important: This is running YouTrack 4.2.4 (build #6055 [24-Jun-2013 20:37]
I've been evaluating this product for a while, as evidenced by the older version number. I really like it so far, and I can see the promise, but there are some things that I don't understand, and I haven't been able to find via online sources (i.e. docs, forum, general google searches).
This is as far as I've gotten (as much as I can remember anyway):As Admin User
Logged in as Programmer
- Created User Groups, one for designers, one for programmers, both of which are members of the "Developer" role.
- Created a project
- Added Groups above to project
- Created users and assigned them to appropriate roles
- Added a "Fix Version" to the project.
- Created Sprint
- Created Swimlanes for major feature areas
- Added Issue to swimlanes for this Fix Version
- Advance issues through states until they reach 'Verified' status.
Up until this point I understood (or thought I did) everything that was going on. It's very easy to use the agile board, just drag the items into their states and move on, etc. But now we're done, it's time to "Release" these fixes. I marked the Fix Version as "Released" back in admin, but the issues and the sprint still appear back on the agile board / issues area. I don't know what to do next.
So, currently, I have two main questions.
- How do I mark a sprint as "I'm done with this, it's out in the world and I don't need to see the issues contained within it (unless I want to).
- When I do the above, what happens to any issues that may not have made it to the "Verified" status? Will they get automatically moved to the backlog, or do I need to do something with those in particular?
Edit: Changed title to better reflect the actual question.
Edit 2: Bump. I thought this would be an easy one? I'm clearly missing some part of the picture here. "Your'e doing it wrong" very well might be the answer.