What report can I use to track the cycle time (from in progress -> ready to test -> in test->done)?
This is what I think would work so please let me know if I am going down the right path or not.
1) I pulled an Average Issue Age Report for each of the state (in progress, ready to test & in test) from Jan 1st to Feb 22nd with a moving window of one month (FYI we work in 2 week sprints).
2) I then extracted the data from the first line graph onto an excel spreadsheet so that I could calculate the average of the averages of each of the day between those dates: [avg for Jan 1st] + [avg for Jan 2nd]+...[avg for Feb 22nd]) / [x days from Jan 1st to Feb 22nd]
3) Finally, to get to something that is close to the cycle time, I added up the average of each of those states: avg of in progress + avg of ready to test + avg of in test
Some of my concerns is that I noticed that often times, the maximum = the average on the line graph even when there is more than one ticket in that state at that given time - and I can't comprehend why it's showing like that. Also, I don't see a way to export the data into Excel so I am having to do this manually which is really time consuming.